Thursday, November 1, 2012

Recently Finished Products

Happy November! Long time no post (nearly a month!) and I only have the same excuses: too much work lol.

NYC has been hit pretty hard with hurricane Sandy and I know of people who are still without heat/electricity/water.  Fortunately, I was exempt from this ordeal since the hurricane did not hit my area that hard but I am dealing with the aftermath of the hurricane as well.  Classes/work was cancelled all week, my most-used train is still not running, and buses are HEAVILY delayed or not coming at all.  My dad waited 3 hours to fill up his gas and many restaurants are not getting ingredients delivered to them because there is no gas in NYC right now! My mom and I drove around all over trying to find an open gas station but all the ones we passed by had a "NO GAS" sign up. Very troubling... I truly hope things get better.

Anyway, today's post will be about the products I have finished recently (some time in October) and my thoughts about them.


(left to right):
1. Organix - Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner
2. Ole Henriksen - Truth Creme Advanced Hydration Moisturizer
3. Murad - Hydro-Dynamic Moisture (for eyes)
4. Clinique - All About Eyes
5. Ole Henriksen - Truth Serum Collagen Booster
6. FAB - Face Cleanser

1. Organix - Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner
     I bought this conditioner some time in January (I think) and it lasted a really long time! I have soft hair naturally but I do dye my hair so I like to use a hair conditioner.  It smells absolutely delightful but I'm still not sure if it did anything for the "hydration and balance" of my hair.  I did repurchase but only because I'm still a complete noob in the hair-care field and as long as it doesn't damage my hair, I'm okay with using it.  I feel that this product works even better when I leave it in for about 15 minutes.  It almost works as a hair mask! I love the results after that but most days, I cannot afford to leave this in my hair for 15 minutes so this is left for the weekends.  In short, I do not love or hate this product.  But for ~$7-8 dollars, I am willing to repurchase (especially since I was able to use it for months). 

2. Ole Henriksen - Truth Creme Advanced Hydration Moisturizer 
     I was able to try this through "The Naked Truth" package, which included this moisturizer (0.25 fl oz) and  their famous serum (0.5 fl oz) for $22.50.  I know serums are really expensive and that the 1 fl oz serum alone goes for I think $48.  So this wasn't a bad deal at all. But still, compared to the price - I thought results weren't that great.  I really don't mind paying for beauty products as long as the products deliver.  This didn't break me out or anything - but it didn't do anything but moisturize.  I can get the same results with my clean and clear moisturizer.  It smells like orange cream ice pops to me - which was a good thing, I loved them as a kid! But I guess for the people who do not like scented products, this may not be for you!  

3. Murad - Hydro-Dynamic Moisture (for eyes)
     I received a small sample of this eye cream from Sephora a while ago.  I suffer from dry skin in general  and my eyes are no exception.  When I was younger, I used to just use the same moisturizer for all over my face but as I got older, I needed eye creams that were targeted specifically for the dryness on/around my eyes.  I started to use eye creams when I got in high school and eye creams are the only things that work my eye area! It really sucks because eye creams are really expensive so when I get the chance, I snag these freebies! It lasted a really long time so I was happy.  In terms of the actual product, this isn't so much a cream as it more like a gel.  It left a bit of an oily residue but nothing too serious.  It hydrates very well but my eye area looks kind of funky when it's oily looking so I do not think I will repurchase.  It's really great for the night though! In general, I find it difficult to find an eye cream that is really moisturizing but not oily at the same time.  Still on the hunt for the perfect one! I do not know how this performs in the wrinkle area because I don't have any to test on, sorry! 

4. Clinique - All About Eyes
     Same story as above but I actually purchased this (this was the second time repurchasing) and this was my first eye product.  My dryness isn't always so bad which is good because this product does not hydrate enough for me.  Well, 
I can get enough hydration when I apply a lot of it on but I feel that that's a waste.  I highly doubt it will do anything for lines and wrinkles. I don't know why I repurchased this but it certainly is not happening again.  But on the brighter note, this product is not scented at all (most Clinque products aren't) so you're in luck if you don't have a dry eye area! 

5. Ole Henriksen - Truth Serum Collagen Booster
     I enjoyed this serum because I felt it evened my complexion a bit (blotchy redness around my cheeks).  The only problem I had with it was that it felt quite sticky.  I've tried serums in the past and I didn't really feel that serums were sticky overall.  Aside from that feeling, it's a good product.  It also smells like the moisturizer it came with, which was a plus for me! I wish I could repurchase but the price tag is a bit too much for me ($48 or $72 for their biggest bottle) considering that the results weren't mind blowing.  It's a nice treat to have, but definitely not a necessity.  

6. FAB - Face Cleanser
     Last but definitely not least, my FAB cleanser! My previous post was about this cleanser so you will know that I love this cleanser to bits.  I've already repurchased it and they now come in a slightly different packaging but the same old great product.  Hehe, the back of the bottle in the picture is actually cut so I could get out every last product.  Truly a treasure for me!

What products have you guys finished lately? Or want to try? 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing you really made me wanted to try the FAb cleanser! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Hope everything is well where you are and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...